Tuesday 28 July 2015

Homemade Chicken stock


Making your own stock is the best way of using left over herbs and spices. 
I prefer to buy my free range, corn fed Chicken, whole. I find this option cost effective as every part of the Chicken is used up. 


After dissecting the Chicken, into breast and legs (making 2 large portioned meals for 2), I freeze the carcass till I have enough to make a 2 litre stock. 
The stock can be used for soups, sauces, jus, couscous, rice, quinoa etc. 
The herbs can be changed, depending on what's available to you. Try growing your own herbs and be adventurous with your choices. My unusual herb for this season is the 'Pineapple Sage',which accompanies most dishes. Subscribe to my blog and YouTube page 'Ndudu by Fafa', for recipe updates. 

From top right; Bay leaves, Tri colour Sage, Rosemary, Juniper berries, Cardamom, Grains of Selim and Pineapple Sage. 

Ingredients; 
4 leaves of Pineapple Sage
4 leaves of Tri colour Sage ( alternatively use normal Sage)
Any leftover Parsley or Coriander
20g of fresh Ginger
4 cloves of Garlic
2 medium sized Shallots (mine started sprouting, however it was still firm, however if it's too soft, just use the sprouts)
4 Grains of Selim
3 Green Cardamom pods
1 Red/Green Chilli
4 Juniper berries
3 litres of water
3 Chicken carcasses Or 1.5kg of Chicken wings


 Method;
Pour 3 litres of water to a saucepan
Add all the ingredients and place on a medium heat. 


Cook gently for 45 minutes and set aside
Strain the stock through a colander
Use in any recipe that requires stock and freeze the remainder for 2 weeks. 

Try the recipe,leave a comment on my blog, follow me on my Instagram page 'Ndudu_by_Fafa', tag your photo #Ndudu for a chance to be mentioned. 


You can find more recipes on my YouTube page 'Ndudu by Fafa'. 

All photos and recipes are by the owner of this blog. 

1 comment:

  1. If you have a querry on the best stock making market I HAVE FOLLOW THIS BLOG YOU CAN FOLLOW IT PLEASE :-detail all about the articles. Share market investment is not a bad idea but make sure you have all market newsletter details as well as areas of consideration covered up before with stocking trading newsletter letter. The article is all about the facts related to investment newsletter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.