Monday 26 February 2018

TASTIEST GARI PINON RECIPE


Gari is made out of  grated Cassava that's fermented and roasted. Gari has a Couscous consistency and most West Africans use it just as you would Couscous and more. 
Gari can be enjoyed both in a savoury or sweet way. 





'Gari Piñon', is basically Gari cooked in a hot and perfectly spiced Tomato broth. This is a popular dish in Togo, Benin and the Ewe's of Ghana. Gari Pinon has a soft and light texture which is packed with flavours and can be enjoyed with your favourite Meat, Fish or Poultry.



Whenever I try to recreate a recipe, I do so with the knowledge that food is Art. Backed with this view, I try to incorporate new textures, flavours and colours to achieve an artistic view. This reflects in the type of recipes I make and in the pictures I take. 

With this Gari Piñon recipe I used my Chicken stew recipe as the base for my broth and added finely diced Peppers for colour and added crunch. 
Watch how to make the Chicken stew below;



For this recipe you will need;
300g of Chicken stew. Use 200g for the broth and leave 100g with the Chicken. Best to shred the Chicken in the remaining stew for garnishing and serving. 
150g of Gari or try using CousCous.
150g of finely diced mixed Peppers. (Red, Green and Yellow).
1 finely diced medium Onion
Salt to taste

Watch how to create this recipe on my YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’, below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video, try the recipe, comment and share with family and friends.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.