Friday 4 May 2018

CRISPY DUCK INFUSED WITH ASIAN AND WEST AFRICAN SPICES


The art of creating a recipe goes hand in hand with educating  and introducing your palette to new flavours. When I’m about to create a recipe, I search for a distinctive flavour (which usually happens when I crave for something different).
The process of elimination and recipe testing can take up to 3 attempts till I get the desired flavour. Once I achieve that, I quickly write the winning recipe down and share with you all, both on my blog and YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’.
This particular day when I created this recipe, I wanted something aromatic with hints of residual heat. Guided by the an aromatic taste I wished for, I decided to include Fennel seeds for the liquorice taste, Cloves for that added heat, Guinea Peppers for that aromatic heat , Star Anise for that aromatic and slightly earthy flavour and Cinnamon for its added sweetness. 
After blending the spices into a powdery form I was excited since the smell was aromatic and rather heady. 


INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoonful of Grains of Paradise/ Alligator Peppers/ Guinea Peppers
6 Star Anise or 1 teaspoonful of Aniseed 
1 tablespoonful of Fennel seeds
1 teaspoonful of Cinnamon Powder 
8 prices of cloves 
1 dressed Duck (Marks and Spencer’s)
1 tablespoonful of Sesame oil

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this flavour packed crispy Duck below ;

Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video, try the recipe and share ❤️
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.