Monday 6 April 2015

Hot cross bread and Granny Smith's Apple pudding

After a successful Easter lunch, I noticed I had leftovers of hotcrossbuns and I thought of a bread and butter pudding with my own twist. 



I quickly visited my local corner shop to get a few things for my pudding. The shop didn't have any lemon curd, so I decided to make my own. 



Lemon curd is rather easy to make and the recipe is available on my blog. Click here for the recipe. 

Ingredients; 
7-8 mini hotcrossbuns 
1 teaspoon of ginger
200ml of Ginger beer 
1 Granny Smith's apple cored and cut lengthwise 
2 beaten free range eggs
300ml of double cream
300g of lemon curd
1 teaspoon of Demerara sugar  


Method;
Cut your hotcrossbuns in two, as shown below
Spread with some Lemon curd


If you're using a baking tin, grease with butter and set aside
Fit the buns snugly together into the tin.


Fit the Granny apples in between the buns
Spread your freshly grated ginger on top


In a bowl, mix the eggs, remaining lemon curd, milk and ginger beer together 

Pour the mixture over the buns and leave to infuse for about 30-45 minutes. This will enable the buns to soak up the milk mixture. 

Pre heat the oven to 170*c or if you're using a Hallogen oven, pre heat to 260 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Sprinkle the top, evenly with the Demerara sugar and place in the middle of your preheated oven. 
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until there is a golden crust with the custard just set. 



To serve;
Mix a tablespoon of lemon curd to 100ml of cream together or a scoop on Vanilla ice cream
All photos and recipes are by owner of this blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.