Sunday 28 June 2020

HOW I PREPARE THE TOGOLESE DZONGOLI (A steamed Corn and Beans dumpling)



Chancing upon this Togolese recipe has placed a permanent smile on my face. What particularly piqued my interest was the different ways and varieties in preparing this dish. Some recipes required the roasting of the corn flour, others didn’t, the stocks used varied from plain water to a tomato based one and in my case a smoky Fish version.


This was my second attempt at this recipe and in both situations it worked out perfectly. 
On one occasion I enjoyed with some homemade Chilli sauce and Grilled Chicken.
My favourite was when I paired it with my Peanut Butter soup.



Just imagine bitting into a smoky,Fishy Corn & Beans dumpling with a silky smooth Peanut Butter soup.
Just try it and thank me later.
Today I’m serving mine with a slow cooked Lamb Shanks.
 


INGREDIENTS 
150g of Black Eyed Beans or any Beans
350g of Corn flour or Corn meal
500ml of smoked Fish stock or your preferred stock
3 tablespoonfuls of Coconut oil
Salt to taste

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this classic Gluten free Togolese dish below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe and leave comments with your feedback.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.