Thursday 17 February 2022

Easy Banku recipe using a 100 year old method


Three years ago I shared a Cornmeal & Gari Banku recipe and in the comment section someone mentioned White Vinegar.

Prior to the comment left, Mum had suggested previously I add Vinegar when I had no fermented Corn dough to my mixture. The texture and flavour of the Banku remains the same.
I’ve since used this process and served many guests who have loved it.

If you’re in the diaspora and want to enjoy your Banku then this recipe is for you.

INGREDIENTS
300g of Corn Meal

160g of Tapioca Powder

420ml of Water 

Organic Apple Cider Vinegar 80ml (if you’re using White Wine Vinegar - 40ml)

Salt to taste


METHOD 

Watch how to prepare this Banku perfectly below;



Kindly subscribe, try the recipe, leave comments with your feedback and share.

All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.