Thursday 23 November 2017

ROSEMARY INFUSED GRILLED RED SNAPPER

‘Can I have the Red Snapper, Barracuda and Sea Bass, please?’ 
I couldn’t control my excitement, when I discovered my local grocery shop had a  Fishmonger at the back of the shop. The Fishmonger had all the exotic Fishes, Seafood, live Crabs  etc. I was happy, cause the Red Snapper, Barracuda and Sea Bass, were the freshest I’ve seen in the UK.



The Fishmonger was welcoming, answered all my questions and followed my YouTube page immediately.
I decided to prepare  Shito (Black Chilli sauce from Ghana), infuse and grill the Red Snapper with Rosemary and have it with fried Yam chips. Yummy!


I reserved some of the Tomato sauce for the Shito; marinated the Red Snapper with the sauce, stuffed it with sprigs of Rosemary and grilled it for 18-25 minutes. Let’s start cooking;

Ingredients 
1 kg of cleaned and gutted Red Snapper 
4 tablespoonfuls of Smoky Salsa Sauce or spiced Tomato sauce for Shito
3 sprigs of Rosemary 
300g of peeled and cut Yam, lengthways into a chip shape
500ml of Vegetable Oil
Salt to taste

SMOKY SALSA SAUCE RECIPE 


Onion Salad
1 large Pink, White or Red Onion sliced thinly 
1 teaspoonful of Wine Vinegar
10g of finely chopped Parsley
Pinch of salt

Method 
Onion Salad
Mix everything together and serve immediately with the Grilled Snapper.

SHITO RECIPE 


Watch how to grill the Red Snapper and fry your Yam chips below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe, leave comments with your feedback and share with your family and friends.

All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.