Tuesday 30 January 2018

THE TASTIEST GHANAIAN SALAD RECIPE

A scoop of my freshly cooked Jollof rice, with a ladle of the Ghanaian Salad and grilled Chicken , was exactly what I wanted to taste. It’s the holy grail of flavours and textures, when it comes to must try Ghanaian recipes.



A typical Ghanaian Salad is creamy and has a few basic ingredients that can’t be missed out like, Carrots, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Pasta, Potatoes, Baker Beans, boiled Eggs, Mayonnaise and Salad cream. The inclusion of Vegetables allows one to be creative and add anything of their choosing from garden Peas, Sweetcorn, Celery, Peppers etc.



During my childhood I remember Mum using the Heinz tinned  vegetable Salad, which gave the Salad a distinctive taste. The inclusion of tinned Sardines, Tuma or Crabs gives this dish the added Protein it requires. 
The Ghanaian Salad is a decadent affair which is packed with calories and must be enjoyed occasionally.
 For a healthier version, use Guacamole and Olive oil  as your Salad dressing.
Watch how to make the tastiest Guacamole below;


This recipe gives you a step by step guide on how to build the flavours at each stage and a my usual twist. 
When I uploaded the picture of the Salad on my Instagram page ‘Ndudu by Fafa’, a lady stated ‘As for this dieer , I guess no infusions ‘. Little did she know I had my ‘twist’ and infusions imbedded already in this recipe.




You need to watch the video below to find out about my secret ‘infusion’.
To make this Salad, you’ll need the following;

50g of diced and cooked Potatoes 
50g of boiled Pasta
50g of steamed Green peas
3 diced medium sized steamed Carrots
2 diced Green peppers 
1 peeled, cored and diced Cucumber 
1 large finely chopped Onion
30g of chopped Spring Onions
2 hard boiled sliced Eggs (Use an Egg slicer)
2 Tins of Sardines 
1 medium tin sized Baked Beans
30g of Santini Tomatoes or any Tomato of your choice.
3 strips of Anchovies or 6 soaked Keta School Boys
3 tablespoonfuls of White Wine Vinegar 
Half a teaspoon of freshly milled Black peppercorns
30g of Mayonnaise 
30g of Salad Cream
Half a teaspoon of Salt




Method 
Taste your Salad before adding Salt, as the inclusion of Vinegar and Anchovies do provide a salty flavour.
Watch how I made this Ghana Salad in my YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’ below;




Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video, try the recipe and share.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.