Thursday 3 January 2019

THE NDUDU GLUTEN FREE MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE

The first time I made this dish was due to using up my leftovers and little did I know it will be a hit in my household.



I have used both Cream Cheese and Cheddar for this recipe, however you can use your preferred Cheese. This is a creative recipe hence you can replace the Yam with Cauliflower if you’re following a Keto diet.

In the absence of Horseradish you can use my spice blend of Onion, Ginger, Garlic and Aniseed.



I entertained a few guests during the Christmas festivities and yet again it was a firm favourite. Gina a fried of mine requested for the recipe as I echoed ‘watch out for it on my YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’.
I have finally filmed and uploaded the said video recipe and below are the list of ingredients and measurements.



INGREDIENTS 



BOILED YAM
Yam is readily available in most African and Asian Grocers. A few selected supermarkets do stock them also like Tesco.

400g of peeled and diced Yam
1 litre of water
I teaspoon of Salt

BACON & ONION MIX
2 packs of smoked Bacon lardons
1 large peeled and sliced Onion 

GINGER SPICE BLEND or 1 tablespoonful of Horseradish 

20g of Ginger
1 large Onion
1 teaspoonful of Aniseed 
2 cloves of Garlic

CHEESE SAUCE
250g of grated Extra Mature Cheddar or any Cheese of your choosing.
60g of Cream Cheese (optional)
2 tablespoonfuls of Corn flour
400ml of Milk 
1 teaspoonful of Mustard
1 teaspoonful of Horseradish (optional)
Half a teaspoon of grated Nutmeg (optional)
1 large Egg
Salt and pepper to taste 

METHOD 
The beauty about this dish is, it can be enjoyed both hot and cold with either steamed Vegetables or Salad. A perfect lunch idea. Try it๐Ÿ˜˜
Watch how to prepare this creative and flavour packed dish below;




Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe and leave comments with your feedback.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.