Thursday 7 May 2020

HOW TO PREPARE THE AUTHENTIC GHANAIAN ETOR RECIPE


When I got a direct request from ‘Sheena Love’ for an Etor recipe, I had to check I had the basic ingredients to make this dish. Thankfully I recently made the Green Plantain Akara and just had the perfect Plantain for this dish. 


I had to be conservative with the amount of Salted Fish I used for this recipe (due to the ongoing lockdown in the UK) however you can use more if you prefer. It’s important to use more Onions for this dish as it’s lends its sweetness to the dish. You can reduce the amount of Chilli used particularly if you’re serving a child this dish.
Etor is a celebratory dish in Ghana which is made from either semi ripened Plantain, Yam or Cocoyam. I used the semi ripened Plantain for this recipe. 



INGREDIENTS 
1 semi ripened Plantain. You can also use Yam or Cocoyam for this recipe
30g of salted Fish (Koobi)
30g of roasted Peanuts
1 Habanero chilli
2 large Onions
1 tablespoonful of Zomi or Palm oil
3 or more boiled Eggs 
Avocado slices (optional)
Salt to taste

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this authentic Gluten-free Etor recipe below;




Please don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe, leave comments with your feedback and share.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.