Thursday 18 April 2019

THE MOST FRAGRANT THAI STICKY RICE RECIPE



‘I can’t wait to see you later’ as the conversation between my girlfriend and I ended . I looked at the time and had an hour to prepare something for us to enjoy. 
Gosh it was a good idea to soak the sticky Rice the night before as it just came in handy. Phew!
I had a perfectly spiced Red chilli sauce in the fridge and Coconut milk in my larder to make a quick Red Curry sauce to accompany the Rice.
I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with one of her favourite dishes given the short notice.
I bought a packet of sticky rice from Sainsbury’s for £1.25 that can easily serve a family of 4.
Naturally I could not help myself by infusing the sticky Rice with aromatic flavours with the inclusion of Coconut oil, Lemon Balm and steaming it in Waakye leaves.
 In the absence of Waakye leaves you can use Banana leaves. 





Traditionally a woven bamboo basket is used in steaming the Rice. In the absence of that you can use your fine strainer instead. If your strainer has bigger holes best to cover the hole with a Cheese cloth or perforated Banana or Waakye leaves for that extra fusion of flavours.

For the list of ingredients, you will need;

300g of sticky Rice (readily available online or in most supermarkets)
1 litre of water to soak the rice the night before 
1 tablespoonful of Coconut oil
1 Lemongrass stalk or 4 fresh Lemon Balm leaves (optional)
Banana or Waakye leaves
Salt to taste

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this fragrant rice below;




Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe and share with your family and friends. All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.