Tuesday 17 April 2018

GHANAIAN BLUE CRAB CURRY RECIPE


All I could think of were the dishes I wanted to cook, when the Captain announced we’ve arrived at Accra Kotoka International Airport. 
The usual heat that embraces everyone when they get off the plane kissed my face. I run into the arms of my Mum and cousin as we chatted and drove home.
The next morning I was greeted by the crow of the neighbours Cockerel as I stretched and walked lazily into my Mums room. I decided to make Mum breakfast and settled on a savoury and spicy French toast. 
We planned our day which included visiting the Market for fresh groceries and I had to grab some fresh Blue Crabs.




Blue Crabs are my absolute favourite crustacean as I grew up eating them but scared of them when they were alive. Mum giggled and challenged me to touch one whilst it was alive. That was not going to happen since I still carried that fear but enjoyed eating them. She placed them in the freezer when we got home (as it was the humane way to kill them)and for me to use later. 




Mum was taken aback briefly , when I described what I would prepare, however she  supported my choice❤️.
I quickly went downstairs and decided to use the coal pot to prepare this dish. 

INGREDIENTS 
15 Blue Crabs
40ml of water
4 Lemongrass stalks
20g of fresh Basil
Coconut oil
1 large sliced Onion



CURRY MARINADE 
30g of smoked, dried Red Chillies
1 tablespoonful of Shrimp powder 
4 Cloves of Garlic 
15g of Ginger
1 teaspoonful of Aniseed 


Method
Watch how to prepare this creative and equally delicious recipe on my YouTube channel ‘Ndudu by Fafa’ below;




Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video and share with your family and friends.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.