Tuesday 4 February 2020

THE MUSTARD & GARDEN EGG LEAVES STEW RECIPE


The fresh Mustard leaves caught my attention as I asked the Grocer how it’s prepared. Whilst answering my question, I matched my next recipe to the Nigerian Efo Riro , as I quickly got my Garden Egg leaves .
I imagined adding my smoked Fish to the recipe on my drive home, which filled me with excitement.
The peppery flavour of the mustard leaves , mixed with the slight bitter Garden Egg leaves and smoked Fish, makes this dish the ultimate flavour packed recipe.



INGREDIENTS 
400g of chopped Mustard leaves
300g of Garden Eggs leaves
2 large Red Peppers 
1 large sliced Onion
1 ladle of Zomi (Spiced Palm Oil)
2 sliced Habanero chillies 
1kg of smoked Fish
1 levelled teaspoon of Dawadawa powder (Fermented Locust Beans)
Salt to taste

SPICE BLEND 
30g of smoked Shrimps 
30g of Ginger
1 large Onion
1 levelled tablespoon of Aniseed

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this amazing dish below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe, leave comments and share.


 All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.