Monday 18 November 2019

THE TASTIEST YAM QUICHE RECIPE



I stared at the head part of my Yam (which needed to be cooked immediately or it might end in the bin), wondering what to make of it. 
A tuber of Yam has 3 different textures and taste. The head part is denser with a slight woody like starchy flavour, the tail a watery slightly sour taste, whilst the middle part is fluffier with a creamier taste when cooked. Most people prefer the middle part whilst the head and tail battles for the second position. It’s like the Ghana/Nigeria ‘who makes the best Jollof rice’ scenario. 



Anyway back to creating this recipe; I had to solve this Yam ‘head’ thing by eradicating what I didn’t like about it. What about blending it and incorporating ingredients I already have in the fridge? 



Whilst peeling the skin off the Yam, I noticed it was discolouring rapidly (usually I’ll soak it in water with a little bit of oil to slow down the discolouration process) however I was using it immediately.
I wanted to fry it but after blending it (adding too much water) I realised I had to bake it🤔


At this point I realised I was creating something new...(exactly what excites me about cooking). The rest they say is history however on this occasion the ‘history’ was documented.
You can use Potatoes in place of Yam for this recipe 

KOOBI STOCK RECIPE 



        INGREDIENTS 
200g of cubed Yam head pieces
1 large Onion
5 Kasoa Peppers or 10 Pettie Belle Chillies (Kpakposhito)
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 finely diced medium sized Onion
1 finely diced medium sized Red Peppers
30g of chopped Spring Onions
1 Egg Yolk
2 tablespoonfuls of melted Organic cold pressed Coconut oil
3 tablespoonfuls of Corn starch (available online or in most supermarkets)
Half a teaspoon of freshly milled black Peppercorns 
1 tablespoonful of Koobi stock or fermented fish stock
200g of lightly smoked Salmon from Sainsbury’s 
2 tablespoonfuls of Milk or Coconut milk
Half a teaspoon of Baking powder 
90ml of Water
150g of grated Cheddar Cheese / WAGASHI 

METHOD 
Watch how to prepare this amazing packed lunch recipe using the head part of Yam below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe and share.

MORE CREATIVE YAM RECIPES 


 All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.